To provide cleaning services to all areas of the building, set up and tear downs of banquet, club and sport activities, in an efficient and productive manner while maintaining set standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform interior cleaning duties including mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, sanitizing services and waste removal.
- Replenish washroom and changeroom supplies as needed, particularly soap, paper towels and bathroom tissue
- Perform floor maintenance as required using approved floor finishes and techniques and appropriate equipment.
- Facility preparation including the set up and take down of chairs, tables, audiovisual equipment and sports equipment as required. Ensure that equipment is properly stored.
- Ensure proper use and accounting of supplies related to your position
- Report required repairs and maintenance items to the appropriate personnel
- Perform outstanding customer service to our members and users of the RA Centre
- Work with all other departments in a professional and courteous manner.
- From time to time the responsibilities may change to meet the needs of the association. The job requires staff to perform other related duties as required.
- At least three years of full-time cleaning experience in a commercial, industrial or recreational setting.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, weekends, and overnight.
- Minimum Grade 10
- Completion of WHMIS training, First Aid, CPR and AED (Automated External Defibrillator).
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to complete tasks as set out in a daily checklist
- Competent in the use and applications of cleaning solutions and chemicals
- Ability to perform physically demanding work
- Have a range of professional cleaning skills with exposure to a variety of cleaning machines including buffers, burnishers, vacuums, floor scrubbers and carpet cleaning equipment
Deadline for application: January 9, 2020
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes with references will be accepted by drop off or by e-mail.
Email: email@example.com - Please put job title in subject line.
Drop off: ATTENTION: Bob Rumscheidt, Manager, Housekeeping & Security Services, 2451 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, ON K1H 7X7
The RA is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
The RA is proud to be completely SMOKE FREE
Smoking or vaping tobacco or cannabis is prohibited anywhere inside the RA buildings and on the entire property (including all outdoor spaces such as parking lots and playing fields). Those who choose to partake in smoking or vaping must do so at a location off RA properties.